This webinar will discuss the issues of air quality and climate change in Cyprus and their effects on our life and health.
The issue will be discussed by a number of scientists and researchers involved in the projects: AQ-SERVE – Air Quality Services for a cleaner air in Cyprus (Integrated/0916/0016), ACCEPT – Assessment of climate change effects on pollution transport in Cyprus, and EMME-CARE – Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East – Climate and Atmosphere Research Centre.
Participation is included from the following Universities, Research Organizations, contributing to the projects works:
- The Cyprus Institute
- Cyprus University of Technology
- E.U.C Research Centre
- Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance – Department of Labour Inspection (DLI)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment – Department of Meteorology (DoM) and Department of Environment (DoM)
- Cyprus Safety and Health Organisation (CySHA)
- The Max Planck Institute of Chemistry (MPIC)
- French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA)
- University of Helsinki (UHEL)
|Opening / Introduction|
|17:30||Welcome / Introduction by moderator||Prof. M. Vrekoussis (CyI), N. Mihalopoulos (CyI)|
|Air Quality in Cyprus and Air Pollution Sources||A.Nysantzi(CUT), C. Savvides (DLI)|
|Innovation Sensor Technology for the Environment||G. Biskos (CyI), N. Koutras (ADDITESS)|
|Air Quality and Extreme Weather Events||G.Georgiou (CyI), F. Tymvios (DoM)|
|Effects on our Life and Health||P.Vogiazanos (EUC), J.Kushta (CyI)|
|18:10||ACCEPT – Information for next steps||E.Bourtsoukidis (CyI), G.Zittis (CyI), J.Kushta (CyI)|
|18:25||Discussion, Q & A|
|18:35||End of webinar|
The project INTEGRATED/0916/0016, is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Cyprus through the Research and Innovation Foundation.
The project is co-financed by the Financial Mechanism of Norway (85%) and the Republic of Cyprus (15%) in the framework of the programming period 2014 – 2021
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 856612 and the Cyprus Government.