June 3, 2021 @ 11:00 – 13:00
A few words about the subject of the seminar: Storytelling for the projection of the results of the funded projects
Stories are the way we share ideas to promote our purpose and projects, to promote our values and to find partners, supporters and funding. In the public space, the ability to “dress” our ideas and proposals with a compelling story is one of the most important skills.
What do we want others to know about our work, its results and impact? How can we use stories to illuminate what we want to share? What are the stories we need to tell to inspire, explain, direct into action and change the world? Storytelling allows us to organize our ideas and effectively use the principles of storytelling to communicate authentically about what is important to us, our actions and their results.
Objectives of the workshop are:
- To acquaint the participants with the principles of storytelling
- To introduce the basic uses of storytelling in the public space
- To briefly present the structure of an effective story
- To highlight the value of authentic communication through personal narration
- To lay the foundations for building a compelling story that highlights the impact of a project
- To highlight alternative possibilities of promoting important projects in the whole spectrum of the public benefit space
Dr. Angeliki Kosmopoulou, short biography:
Angeliki is a communication consultant, specializing in verbal content and storytelling. Combining in her studies the study of the ancient world with
the challenges of our time, obtained a doctorate in classical archeology in the US and continued her studies obtaining an MBA in England. He taught at the university and worked in the field of culture and communication, helping businesses, organizations, politicians and representatives of the arts and sciences to voice their ideas. Since 2015 he has been working as a senior executive in the public benefit space in Greece, while at the same time, he teaches principles of communication and storytelling to companies and NGOs.
In 2019 he created the AMKE StoryMentor – Stories that Change the World, which promotes storytelling as a means of authentic communication. He has been writing and publishing stories since 2006.